|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 11:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:30 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- There are some new internet stars living right here in Fort Myers and they're of the feathered variety. A mother bald eagle and her mate are closely watching over two eggs.
The eggs were laid this week with the first on November 26th and the second one on November 29th. The nest was built in 2008 and is 60 feet high.
The eaglets are expected to hatch right around Christmas or the New Year. If they are born on time, the baby birds could leave their next by late February or early March.
You can watch their every move on this Ustream live broadcast. Viewers can discuss all the actions via Ustream's social stream messaging.
The 24/7 live eagle cam is receiving up to 1,000 live viewers at a given time and the number is growing.
To view the live feed, click on this link:
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- Fla. Gov. Scott's job approval up to 43%