|Published:||Nov 30, 2012 11:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 11:30 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- There are some new internet stars living right here in Fort Myers and they're of the feathered variety. A mother bald eagle and her mate are closely watching over two eggs.
The eggs were laid this week with the first on November 26th and the second one on November 29th. The nest was built in 2008 and is 60 feet high.
The eaglets are expected to hatch right around Christmas or the New Year. If they are born on time, the baby birds could leave their next by late February or early March.
You can watch their every move on this Ustream live broadcast. Viewers can discuss all the actions via Ustream's social stream messaging.
The 24/7 live eagle cam is receiving up to 1,000 live viewers at a given time and the number is growing.
To view the live feed, click on this link:
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti