|Published:||Nov 29, 2012 10:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2012 10:07 AM EST|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Dante the black lab is ready for a happy reunion with his military family in Spain after performing some heroics back home in Kissimmee.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/11i0Nfe ) reports U.S. Navy Commander Carle Eierle and his wife Charlotte had to leave Dante behind when they moved to a naval base in Madrid in September. Dante stayed with Charlotte Eierle's mother, Gudrun Mastriano.
Mastriano says they were returning home from a walk one day when a venomous cottonmouth snake lunged at them. Dante pounced on the snake and dragged it away. The snake bit him on the face and leg. He underwent $125 seven treatments in a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy unit as he recovered over the last two months.
Now healthy, Dante left for Madrid on Wednesday.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them