|Published:||Nov 29, 2012 10:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2012 10:07 AM EST|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Dante the black lab is ready for a happy reunion with his military family in Spain after performing some heroics back home in Kissimmee.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/11i0Nfe ) reports U.S. Navy Commander Carle Eierle and his wife Charlotte had to leave Dante behind when they moved to a naval base in Madrid in September. Dante stayed with Charlotte Eierle's mother, Gudrun Mastriano.
Mastriano says they were returning home from a walk one day when a venomous cottonmouth snake lunged at them. Dante pounced on the snake and dragged it away. The snake bit him on the face and leg. He underwent $125 seven treatments in a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy unit as he recovered over the last two months.
Now healthy, Dante left for Madrid on Wednesday.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters