|Published:||Nov 29, 2012 3:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2012 3:57 PM EST|
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - A six-year-old girl is dead after authorities say she was killed by her father in a murder-suicide.
Davie Police Capt. Dale Engle says the child, her father and a dog appear to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Two schoolchildren discovered the bodies in a van parked outside the Davie home of the girl's mother Thursday morning. They alerted a neighbor who pulled the child out of the vehicle and attempted to resuscitate her but could not.
Investigators believe the child's father, 30-year-old Paul Andrade, parked outside his ex-wife's home and attached a hose from the exhaust pipe to inside the vehicle.
Engle says the man was upset that his wife had recently remarried. He had an overnight visitation with his daughter when the deaths occurred.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation