|Published:||Nov 29, 2012 11:31 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2012 11:31 AM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Wednesday, the Fort Myers Police Department arrested 30-year-old Charles Wilkins, of North Fort Myers, for robbing a local drug store.
At 7:12 a.m., officers responded to the CVS, located at 2403 Cleveland Avenue, in reference to an armed robbery that had just occurred to the business. The suspect, later identified as Wilkins, was armed with a knife. He entered the store and demanded money. A clerk complied with his demands. Wilkins then fled the store on foot in an unknown direction.
The clerk provided officers with a detailed description of Wilkins. An officer and his K-9 partner tracked Wilkins from the back of the store to Grand Avenue, focusing on some bushes in the area. The K-9 entered the bushes and apprehended Wilkins by the arm.
Wilkins confessed to the crime.
Police arrested Wilkins for armed robbery, theft and resisting arrest without violence.
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool