BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have lifted a lockdown at Florida Atlantic University, several hours after a gunman robbed a student on campus.
University officials say the man placed a small handgun to the victim's head Thursday afternoon, stole the student's possessions and ran off. FAU says the robbery occurred in the Arts and Letters building.
Officials say buildings and parking lots were thoroughly searched, but the suspect wasn't found. An investigation continues.
A similar lockdown was also lifted at Palm Beach State College's Boca Raton campus, where the suspect apparently fled after the robbery. The two schools border each other.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs