|Published:||Nov 29, 2012 12:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2012 12:28 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - One person is dead following a collision between a dump truck and an Amtrak passenger train in Orlando.
The accident happened at a crossing south of downtown Orlando before noon on Thursday.
Orange County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Jane Watrel says no one on the train died but she couldn't elaborate further.
Watrel says there was nothing hazardous on the truck.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia