|Published:||Nov 28, 2012 1:40 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2012 1:40 PM EST|
PLANT CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a van carrying 25 inmates was involved in a crash on Interstate 4 near Plant City.
The crash occurred about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. Officials say there were no major injuries although some inmates complained of neck and back pain.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/UrGmuy ) reports the van was heading to a prison when it crashed. It returned to the Falkenburg Road Jail near Tampa where the inmates were evaluated at the infirmary.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys