|Published:||Nov 28, 2012 1:40 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2012 1:40 PM EST|
PLANT CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a van carrying 25 inmates was involved in a crash on Interstate 4 near Plant City.
The crash occurred about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. Officials say there were no major injuries although some inmates complained of neck and back pain.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/UrGmuy ) reports the van was heading to a prison when it crashed. It returned to the Falkenburg Road Jail near Tampa where the inmates were evaluated at the infirmary.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students