|Published:||Nov 28, 2012 1:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2012 1:41 PM EST|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - A police officer shot an armed robbery suspect outside a central Florida Walgreens drug store.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/SsO7hH ) reports the shooting happened late Tuesday after police received a call about a masked man threatening the pharmacist. Arriving police officers saw the suspect running from the store and shots were fired.
Authorities say the suspect was airlifted to a hospital. There was no word on his condition.
The newspaper reports painkillers and cash taken from the store were strewn on the ground outside.
Police have not released the name of the suspect.
No further details were immediately available. Palm Bay police and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating the shooting.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect