|Published:||Nov 28, 2012 12:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2012 1:25 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- UPDATE: Detectives say the majority of the money stolen during the robbery has been recovered.
Detectives are still searching for other suspects who may have been involved in the Golden Gate bank robbery on Wednesday morning.
Doodley Nazaire, 29, of 5418 Laurel Ridge Lane #24 in Golden Gate, was charged with bank robbery Thursday afternoon.
The robbery was reported at 7:54 a.m. at Florida Community Bank, located at 5240 Golden Gate Parkway.
Detectives say the robbers entered the bank shortly before 8:00 a.m. One of the men displayed a handgun to bank employees. They were given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot.
No injuries were reported.
An investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 239.252.9300, or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school