|Published:||Nov 28, 2012 12:06 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2012 12:38 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla - A Naples non-profit is going green. Thanks to a $400,000 HUD grant approved by Collier County Commissioners, David Lawrence Center is making all three of its buildings more energy efficient.
David Lawrence Center is a treatment facility for those with mental health and substance abuse problems.
The savings will be reinvested back into the centers programs and patients.
Construction is already underway. The work is expected to take two months.
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Cape Coral arrested for child neglect
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Disabled kids in nursing homes suit consolidated