NAPLES, Fla - A Naples non-profit is going green. Thanks to a $400,000 HUD grant approved by Collier County Commissioners, David Lawrence Center is making all three of its buildings more energy efficient.
David Lawrence Center is a treatment facility for those with mental health and substance abuse problems.
The savings will be reinvested back into the centers programs and patients.
Construction is already underway. The work is expected to take two months.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.