|Published:||Nov 28, 2012 2:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2012 5:55 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The Collier County Sheriff's Office has launched a campaign to increase awareness about the dangers of texting while driving.
As part of the campaign, the sheriff's office will run public service announcements, use social media, and collect signatures for a petition.
The petition will go to lawmakers next year, and will ask them to support a ban on texting while driving.
The sheriff's office is also asking the public to share their experiences with the practice on its Facebook page or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information on the campaign, click here.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo