|Published:||Nov 27, 2012 3:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2012 3:36 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies responded to a crash at Jones Loop and Burnt Store roads at 12:51 p.m. The crash occurred just east of the railroad tracks and involved a pickup truck pulling a boat on a trailer that entered the wrong way and was hit head on by an oncoming pickup.
Punta Gorda and Charlotte County Fire responded to the scene; EMS transported one person to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Unit in Ft. Myers. Deputies say some lanes of traffic are still blocked.
Deputies reported that witnesses said it appeared the driver of the pickup pulling the boat came from U.S. 41 and appeared to have passed out with a medical issue prior to the crash. FHP is investigating the crash.
The attached photos are provided by CCSO Deputy First Class Ken Hill.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Fla. man dies after crashing into moving train