|Published:||Nov 27, 2012 3:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2012 3:36 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies responded to a crash at Jones Loop and Burnt Store roads at 12:51 p.m. The crash occurred just east of the railroad tracks and involved a pickup truck pulling a boat on a trailer that entered the wrong way and was hit head on by an oncoming pickup.
Punta Gorda and Charlotte County Fire responded to the scene; EMS transported one person to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Unit in Ft. Myers. Deputies say some lanes of traffic are still blocked.
Deputies reported that witnesses said it appeared the driver of the pickup pulling the boat came from U.S. 41 and appeared to have passed out with a medical issue prior to the crash. FHP is investigating the crash.
The attached photos are provided by CCSO Deputy First Class Ken Hill.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes