|Published:||Nov 27, 2012 3:36 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2012 3:36 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies responded to a crash at Jones Loop and Burnt Store roads at 12:51 p.m. The crash occurred just east of the railroad tracks and involved a pickup truck pulling a boat on a trailer that entered the wrong way and was hit head on by an oncoming pickup.
Punta Gorda and Charlotte County Fire responded to the scene; EMS transported one person to Lee Memorial Hospital Trauma Unit in Ft. Myers. Deputies say some lanes of traffic are still blocked.
Deputies reported that witnesses said it appeared the driver of the pickup pulling the boat came from U.S. 41 and appeared to have passed out with a medical issue prior to the crash. FHP is investigating the crash.
The attached photos are provided by CCSO Deputy First Class Ken Hill.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia