|Published:||Nov 27, 2012 4:02 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2012 4:02 PM EST|
NEW YORK (AP) - A Florida man has sued the ex-Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid sex allegations, saying the voice actor met him in New York after trolling gay telephone chat lines seeking underage boys for sex.
The lawsuit seeking unspecified damages was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday by a man who remains anonymous.
The man says he met Kevin Clash on a chat line when he was 16 years old in 2000 and exploring modeling opportunities in New York.
The lawsuit says Clash had numerous Elmo dolls in his apartment when he met the teen for sex. The man, now 29, is the third to make claims against Clash, who resigned from "Sesame Street" last week after 28 years.
A spokeswoman says Clash "believes this lawsuit has no merit."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill