|Published:||Nov 25, 2012 5:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 25, 2012 5:13 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - Santa needs your help this year to give gifts to some needy kids. The people behind Suncoast Santa help bring toys to kids who live in economically depressed areas. Santa, his sleigh, and all of his helpers ride from home to home on Christmas Eve passing out the gifts. This year, donations are short, but you can help. All Star Lanes in North Fort Myers has set up a donation box where you can bring unwrapped toys and donations.
"Hopefully, we'll make it this year," Susan Tanner said. "I'm not going to give half the kids toys and nothing for the other half. We're trying really hard to get enough toys for all the kids."
Santa's sleigh has toured Suncoast Estates for the last three years entertaining families and giving gifts to kids.
You can reach All Star Lanes at (239) 995-2138 or you can visit them at 2818 North Tamiami Trail. You can also contact Susan and George Tanner, who organize the Suncoast Santa event at (239) 910-3945.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge