|Published:||Nov 25, 2012 11:10 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 25, 2012 11:10 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - The state of Florida is asking thousands of young women some intimate questions about their sex lives and is giving them a $10 gift card in return.
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Department of Health is surveying 4,100 women between 18 and 24, giving participants a CVS gift card.
Officials say the survey will help them understand women's need for and approach to family-planning services.
The 46-question survey was sent out in September and October. Participants were asked how many men they had sex with over the last year, whether a man ever poked holes in a condom to get them pregnant and how they felt emotionally the last time they had unprotected sex.
The state says the names of those who return the survey will be kept private.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified