MARATHON, Fla. (AP) - A man is charged with threatening to blow up a Florida Keys post office.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says 69-year-old Juan Zigler handed clerks at the Marathon post office a garbled note Friday that threatened to blow up the Keys. They say he then threw an object over the counter that clerks thought might be a firecracker.
When deputies arrived, they arrested Zigler. The object appeared to be a battery with a wire attached to it.
Zigler was charged with making a false bomb report and delivering a hoax bomb and released.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers