|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 11:30 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 11:30 AM EST|
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The jackpot for Powerball's Saturday drawing has climbed to $325 million, the fourth-largest in the game's history.
A single winner choosing a cash payout would get nearly $213 million before paying state and federal taxes.
Powerball jackpots have been growing faster since the game's organizers doubled the ticket price to $2 in January.
An Iowa couple won $202 million in a Sept. 26 drawing, and then an anonymous winner in Delaware got $50 million prize the next week. The current jackpot has been building since then.
Powerball, which began in 1992, is played in 42 states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time