|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 2:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 7:14 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A plane traveling from Key West to Charlotte, North Carolina was diverted to the Southwest Florida International Airport after it struck a bird.
RSW confirmed U.S. Air flight 3284 took off from Key West at 12:30 a.m. with 73 people on board and landed safely at 2:02 p.m.
The plane is now inoperable and was towed away.
Another U.S. Air flight was brought in to take the remaining passengers to their original destination. That plane was scheduled to arrive at 7:00 p.m.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect