|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 2:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 7:14 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A plane traveling from Key West to Charlotte, North Carolina was diverted to the Southwest Florida International Airport after it struck a bird.
RSW confirmed U.S. Air flight 3284 took off from Key West at 12:30 a.m. with 73 people on board and landed safely at 2:02 p.m.
The plane is now inoperable and was towed away.
Another U.S. Air flight was brought in to take the remaining passengers to their original destination. That plane was scheduled to arrive at 7:00 p.m.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron