|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 11:28 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 12:39 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Christopher Heilman is in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital after being hit by a car this morning on Bayshore Rd.
The 53-year-old North Fort Myers man was walking eastbound on Bayshore Rd. when he was hit by the bumper of Robert McEwen's Chrysler Crossfire. Heilman was launched into the air and struck the vehicle's windshield before hitting his head on the roadway.
The eastbound lanes of Bayshore were closed for two hours as officers investigated the incident.
Charges are pending.
Anyone who may have seen Heilman walking along the roadway with a cane prior to the collision, is asked to contact the Florida Highway Patrol at (239) 938-1800.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community