|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 10:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 11:49 PM EST|
Fort Myers, Fla.--CrossFit training isn't just a workout anymore.
It's now a world wide sport with big money and big sponsors for the elite.
Jeff Evans is new to CrossFit, he's only been doing it for 8 months.
Evans' says "I had a friend at the Omni who told me about it. I was a college football player so I wanted to feel the those competitive juices again, I did a little research and tried and loved it."
Evans decided to enter the prestigious Pantheon Games in Miami for his first competition.
"I got 3rd overall out of 130 guys and a lot of them were really incredible athletes so it was pretty cool," Evans said.
CrossFit Competitions are unique, the events are kept secret, so you never know exactly what you'll be doing.
Evans says is can be anything, "powerlifting, kettle ball swing, burpees, anything just to see who is the best of the best."
Evans has now set some lofty goals for himself.
"I want to be recognized as a great athlete and I want to compete in the crossfit games and I want to be the fittest man on the planet."
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses