|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 8:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 8:52 AM EST|
NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Sen. Marco Rubio, U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Miami Mayor Carlos Gimenez are scheduled to speak at a rally in support of Israel this weekend.
Hundreds are expected at Sunday's rally in North Miami Beach at the Michael and Ann Russell Jewish Community Center.
Israel and Hamas agreed to a cease-fire this week after eight days of conflict.
Four Israeli civilians and two soldiers were killed and dozens others wounded by rockets fired from Gaza into residential neighborhoods during the fighting that ended in cease-fire Wednesday night.
Palestinians say 161 people, including dozens of civilians, were killed.
Rubio is being touted as a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2016. Wasserman Schultz is chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI