|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Officials say two pedestrians have died while crossing busy roadways in Ocala on Thanksgiving.
Ocala police say a red Chevrolet Trailblazer struck 23-year-old William McDonald in s crosswalk before fleeing early Thursday. Police later arrested 25-year-old Joseph Stewart on charges of leaving the scene of an accident. He told police panicked when he hit the pedestrian.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/V1atv1 ) reports McDonald was home from college for the holiday break.
Later Thursday evening, 42-year-old Patrick Joseph Wisocky was fatally struck as he walked along U.S. 301. It was his birthday.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 49-year-old John Syme was driving the Jeep Cherokee that struck Wisockiy. They say speed was not a factor. An investigation continues.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI