|Published:||Nov 23, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2012 10:41 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Officials say two pedestrians have died while crossing busy roadways in Ocala on Thanksgiving.
Ocala police say a red Chevrolet Trailblazer struck 23-year-old William McDonald in s crosswalk before fleeing early Thursday. Police later arrested 25-year-old Joseph Stewart on charges of leaving the scene of an accident. He told police panicked when he hit the pedestrian.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/V1atv1 ) reports McDonald was home from college for the holiday break.
Later Thursday evening, 42-year-old Patrick Joseph Wisocky was fatally struck as he walked along U.S. 301. It was his birthday.
The Florida Highway Patrol says 49-year-old John Syme was driving the Jeep Cherokee that struck Wisockiy. They say speed was not a factor. An investigation continues.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted