|Published:||Nov 22, 2012 1:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 22, 2012 2:19 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Volunteers with Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc. started at 5:30 Thanksgiving Day morning to start the prep work for a meal for 1,200.
For for the first time, CCMI is serving a holiday feast at both its locations – Fort Myers and the Cape.
Almost everything served came from donations, including dozens of turkeys, 4,000 pounds of pumpkins, and 1,000 pounds of apple.
CCMI also packed and delivered hundreds of prepared Thanksgiving meals, to be delivered via Meals on Wheels to residents in need across Lee County.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions