|Published:||Nov 21, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 21, 2012 10:44 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - An Ocala woman says thieves stole her Thanksgiving turkey from a freezer in her garage.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/QY0c1f ) reports Joyce Romer called the Marion County Sheriff's Office Monday to report the theft of the 12.5-pound bird.
Romer says she asked her husband to get the turkey from the freezer so she could start defrosting it for their Thanksgiving Day meal. He came back in the house and asked, "where'd you put the thing?"
The Romers checked the freezer again, but there was no turkey inside.
Romer says she guesses someone was hungry. But she's puzzled that the thief didn't take the beer she had stored in the garage.
Deputies noted that Romer didn't want an investigation, she simply wanted to document the theft. And, she bought a new turkey.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales