|Published:||Nov 21, 2012 4:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 21, 2012 4:01 PM EST|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend and dumping her body in a wooded area.
Without a deal in place, 29-year-old Steven Louis pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder in Polk County. He faces a possible life sentence at a Jan. 3 hearing.
Authorities say 26-year-old Nicole Fields was reported missing last November. The Ledger in Lakeland (http://bit.ly/WyR58R) reports that she and Louis had a daughter together and had been arguing over child support payments when the confrontation turned deadly.
When questioned by detectives, Louis told them about the fight and admitted to stabbing Fields several times with a folding knife. He also told authorities where he had dumped her body.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida