|Published:||Nov 21, 2012 10:12 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 21, 2012 12:40 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- In June, Wally Weatherholt, an airboat captain at Captain Doug's Airboat Tours, lost his hand when an alligator bit it off. This morning in court, he pled no contest to one count of unlawful feeding of an alligator.
As a result, Weatherholt received one year of supervised probation, a $500 fine and lost his boat captain license for one year.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral