|Published:||Nov 21, 2012 2:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 21, 2012 2:52 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The Collier County Sheriff’s Office and its community partners recently provided Thanksgiving dinners to 200 families across Collier County.
Four families were selected by each Collier County school to be the recipients of the third annual Feed Collier initiative.
Thanks to the generous contributions of CCSO’s community partners, each box this year contained a turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole fixings, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pie, as well as pudding, hot chocolate, granola bars, and candy.
Before the delivery could take place, the boxes containing food for each family’s Thanksgiving meal needed to be assembled. CCSO deputies and members of the public packaged these boxes at Sam’s Club on Friday. Deputies delivered the meals to the selected families the following morning.
CCSO gives special thanks to the following community partners for their contributions to this effort: Sam’s Club; Super Target, 2415 Tarpon Bay Blvd., Golden Gate; and Wal-Mart, 9885 Collier Blvd., East Naples. The CCSO also hosted two cookouts in front of Sam’s Club which raised $1,250 for the project.
The agency also gives special recognition to its East Naples community-oriented policing deputies for coordinating the event and to its Youth Relations and Crime Prevention bureaus for their roles in the initiative as well as everyone who volunteered their time to help pack and deliver boxes.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Rep. Trey Radel speaks publicly on arrest, rehab and future
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise
- Wawa, Chipotle and others come to South Ft. Myers