|Published:||Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM EST|
MANATEE COUNTY, Fla.— A 21-year-old Bradenton man was arrested and charged with multiple crimes, including unauthorized use of public assistance for selling his food stamp card on Craigslist.
The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office arrested Eddie Gentsch, 21, last week and charged him with communicating to obtain fraudulent property, possessing identification of another person without consent, exploitation of an elderly person, and unauthorized use of public assistance.
The arrest was a collaboration of the Manatee Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Children and Families, which determines food stamp eligibility, and the Department of Financial Services, which investigates public assistance fraud in Florida.
If anyone suspects trafficking or misuse of electronic food stamp benefits, please call (850) 413-4040 or www.myfloridacfo.com/paf to reach the State Law Enforcement Bureau of the Division of Public Assistance Fraud.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community