|Published:||Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM EST|
MANATEE COUNTY, Fla.— A 21-year-old Bradenton man was arrested and charged with multiple crimes, including unauthorized use of public assistance for selling his food stamp card on Craigslist.
The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office arrested Eddie Gentsch, 21, last week and charged him with communicating to obtain fraudulent property, possessing identification of another person without consent, exploitation of an elderly person, and unauthorized use of public assistance.
The arrest was a collaboration of the Manatee Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Children and Families, which determines food stamp eligibility, and the Department of Financial Services, which investigates public assistance fraud in Florida.
If anyone suspects trafficking or misuse of electronic food stamp benefits, please call (850) 413-4040 or www.myfloridacfo.com/paf to reach the State Law Enforcement Bureau of the Division of Public Assistance Fraud.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal