|Published:||Nov 19, 2012 10:20 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2012 12:28 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old Orlando boy who was run over by a car is in critical condition in the hospital.
A report by the Florida Highway Patrol says 30-year-old Luis Galvan-Sanchez was backing out of the driveway Sunday afternoon when he ran over the boy. Aunjay Grice was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The FHP report says Grice and his older sister were playing outside without supervision at the time of the accident. The girl was not injured.
Galvan-Sanchez told troopers he didn't see the boy as he began to back his car. He was cited for improper backing and having an expired driver's license.
Troopers are investigating whether the children's uncle was properly supervising them.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools