|Published:||Nov 19, 2012 10:20 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2012 12:28 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old Orlando boy who was run over by a car is in critical condition in the hospital.
A report by the Florida Highway Patrol says 30-year-old Luis Galvan-Sanchez was backing out of the driveway Sunday afternoon when he ran over the boy. Aunjay Grice was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The FHP report says Grice and his older sister were playing outside without supervision at the time of the accident. The girl was not injured.
Galvan-Sanchez told troopers he didn't see the boy as he began to back his car. He was cited for improper backing and having an expired driver's license.
Troopers are investigating whether the children's uncle was properly supervising them.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans