|Published:||Nov 19, 2012 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2012 12:08 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Three lanes eastbound on Daniels Parkway are expected to open by rush hour today. Tonight, there will be one lane southbound on I-75 for nighttime/overnight work (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.). The speed limit is reduced in that area. Three lanes southbound on I-75 will open before rush hour tomorrow (Tuesday).
I-75 northbound is open to three lanes. The ramp for eastbound Daniels Parkway traffic to northbound I-75 is open now. There are no detours for Daniels Parkway traffic. All lanes on I-75 and Daniels Parkway in this area will be open to traffic through the Thanksgiving weekend. During the week after Thanksgiving, crews will return to the project and do final work to restore Daniels Parkway and I-75 shoulders.
The Florida Department of Transportation’s asset management contractor for I-75, ICA, is responding to damage to the I-75/Daniels Parkway overpass in Lee County (mile marker 131) that occurred during a traffic incident Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Multiple beams were damaged and involved both northbound and southbound bridges. ICA will seek third party reimbursement for repairs. Damage is estimated at $750,000.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season