|Published:||Nov 19, 2012 12:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2012 12:08 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Three lanes eastbound on Daniels Parkway are expected to open by rush hour today. Tonight, there will be one lane southbound on I-75 for nighttime/overnight work (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.). The speed limit is reduced in that area. Three lanes southbound on I-75 will open before rush hour tomorrow (Tuesday).
I-75 northbound is open to three lanes. The ramp for eastbound Daniels Parkway traffic to northbound I-75 is open now. There are no detours for Daniels Parkway traffic. All lanes on I-75 and Daniels Parkway in this area will be open to traffic through the Thanksgiving weekend. During the week after Thanksgiving, crews will return to the project and do final work to restore Daniels Parkway and I-75 shoulders.
The Florida Department of Transportation’s asset management contractor for I-75, ICA, is responding to damage to the I-75/Daniels Parkway overpass in Lee County (mile marker 131) that occurred during a traffic incident Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Multiple beams were damaged and involved both northbound and southbound bridges. ICA will seek third party reimbursement for repairs. Damage is estimated at $750,000.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba