|Published:||Nov 19, 2012 4:50 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2012 4:50 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - Around 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Punta Gorda Police Detectives arrested 43-year-old, Michele Lee O’Neill, who is currently homeless, on the charge of Prostitution related to an internet-based prostitution investigation.
As part of routine Punta Gorda Police Department efforts to prevent internet-based prostitutes from plying their trade within the city limits, detectives monitor various websites that are used to advertise “escorts” and the like. In this particular case, detectives saw an advertisement posted on the popular social networking website Backpage.com in which Ms.O’Neill offered her services in Southwest Florida. Detectives specifically knew of her prior activities in Punta Gorda.
Detectives arranged for O’Neill to meet them at a city hotel after agreeing to exchange sexual activity for money with an undercover detective.
O’Neill was charged with Prostitution and was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where she was held on $1,000 bond.
The Punta Gorda Police Department will continue to investigate all internet-based crimes occurring within the municipal city limits of Punta Gorda.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption