|Published:||Nov 19, 2012 6:07 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2012 8:59 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- Third Street South in Naples kicked off the holiday season with a tree lighting ceremony Monday evening.
Mayor John Sorey threw the switch to light the Third Street Christmas tree and officially starts the holiday season just before 6:30 p.m. As the Mayor lit the tree, the Fairy Snow Mother summoned her powers and snow began to fall on Third Street South.
After the initial snow flurries subside, a second snow begins to fall at 8:00 p.m.
Santa must leave at 9:00 p.m. in order to get back to the North Pole so he can check in on the elves at Santa's Workshop and have a mug of hot chocolate with Mrs. Claus before going to bed for the night.
The festivities don't end after this evening's event is over. The rest of the week, Third Street South continues its celebration of the season with more music and snow.
Tuesday, Nov. 22nd - 6:00pm – 9:00pm: snow show at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 23rd - 6:00pm – 9:00pm: snow show at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 24th – Thanksgiving – No music or snow show
Friday, Nov. 25th - 6:00pm – 9:00pm: snow show at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 26th - 6:00pm – 9:00pm: snow show at 7:30 p.m.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore