|Published:||Nov 18, 2012 9:47 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2012 10:14 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A 3-year-old Port Charlotte boy died of a gunshot wound after investigators say he found an unlocked gun in his home.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to a home on Hubbard Avenue around 3:40 a.m.
Deputies say the boy go ahold of an unsecured firearm and suffered a fatal gunshot wound.
Detectives interviewed the boy's parents and no charges have been filed at this time.
The case remains under investigation.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption