|Published:||Nov 18, 2012 9:47 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2012 10:14 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A 3-year-old Port Charlotte boy died of a gunshot wound after investigators say he found an unlocked gun in his home.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to a home on Hubbard Avenue around 3:40 a.m.
Deputies say the boy go ahold of an unsecured firearm and suffered a fatal gunshot wound.
Detectives interviewed the boy's parents and no charges have been filed at this time.
The case remains under investigation.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire ruled suspicious
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida