|Published:||Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A 12-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was hit by a car in Charlotte County.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say the boy was in the street with another person, at the intersection of US 41 and Conway Boulevard when he was hit around 7 p.m.
They say the boy ran in front of the car and the driver had to swerve to avoid hitting the other pedestrian, and hit the boy.
He went airborne and landed on the car's hood.
The boy was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital and then to All Children's Hospital in Tampa.
Charges are pending as the accident remains under investigation.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids