|Published:||Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A 12-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was hit by a car in Charlotte County.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say the boy was in the street with another person, at the intersection of US 41 and Conway Boulevard when he was hit around 7 p.m.
They say the boy ran in front of the car and the driver had to swerve to avoid hitting the other pedestrian, and hit the boy.
He went airborne and landed on the car's hood.
The boy was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital and then to All Children's Hospital in Tampa.
Charges are pending as the accident remains under investigation.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Charlotte County does away with PE class