|Published:||Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2012 9:57 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A 12-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was hit by a car in Charlotte County.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say the boy was in the street with another person, at the intersection of US 41 and Conway Boulevard when he was hit around 7 p.m.
They say the boy ran in front of the car and the driver had to swerve to avoid hitting the other pedestrian, and hit the boy.
He went airborne and landed on the car's hood.
The boy was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital and then to All Children's Hospital in Tampa.
Charges are pending as the accident remains under investigation.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer