|Published:||Nov 16, 2012 11:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2012 11:41 PM EST|
Port Charlotte, Fla. -- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a Port Charlotte woman after she stabs her husband six times with a 12-inch food skewer. Charged with Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon was Tammy Ellen Chance, 29, 908 Silver Springs Terrace.
CCSO received a call Thursday at 3:45 p.m. to the Chance home for a domestic battery. Upon arrival deputies talked to her husband who said they got into an argument and she grabbed a wooden handle 12-inch silver food skewer and stabbed him. The husband was able to grab the skewer from his wife, bent it in half, and threw it in the bathtub. Tammy Chance then removed the skewer, straightened it out, and then followed her husband into the bedroom and stabbed him again. She then left the home and he called CCSO.
The husband had two puncture wounds on his right arm, three on his left arm, and one on his stomach. A BOLO was issued for Tammy Chance. Deputies left the home and shortly thereafter, she came back to the residence. When deputies returned, they talked to her and she said she hit her husband once with the skewer after he choked her. Deputies found no signs of any physical injury to her neck. She was arrested and taken to the Charlotte County Jail where she remains on no bond.Tammy Chance is a convicted felon with three bookings.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search