|Published:||Nov 16, 2012 10:58 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2012 10:58 PM EST|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla - Golden Gate Fire District unveiled its brand new LED lights Friday afternoon.
The station is the first to go green with the cost saving move. Commissioners agreed over the summer to install LED lights at all three of the districts fire stations.
Green Secure Energy Solutions out of Bonita Springs did the work which is expected to save taxpayers in Golden Gate $500,000 over the next ten years.
"Our biggest goal here is to free up capital for budgets, doing more they're going to be able to do more on their apparatus. They're also going to be able to save a firefighters job and that's the biggest thing right now, jobs," says Edward Arasnowicz with Green Secure Energy Solutions.
Green Secure and Golden Gate are hoping other fire stations follow their lead in saving tax payer dollars and going green.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids