|Published:||Nov 16, 2012 12:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2012 12:35 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE— Due to national technology issues at JPMorgan Chase, Florida Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card holders are not able to use their cards for normal processing at grocery, convenience and other stores that accept EBT cards.
EBT cards are used by recipients of cash and food assistance for purchases in approved stores. With the system down, stores can choose to run a manual processing of up to $40. Walmart stores have the ability to process manual transactions of up to $100.
The outage began Friday morning around 7:00 a.m. and has not yet been resolved.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands