|Published:||Nov 15, 2012 10:48 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2012 10:48 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A 1-year-old uncollared female panther was found dead at 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday. It was determined that she had been hit by a vehicle. This is the 21st panther mortality and 13th road mortality for 2012.
Her remains were found on SR 29, about 1.5 miles south of I-75 in Collier County.
The carcass will be transported to the FWC Wildlife Research Lab in Gainesville for a complete necropsy and will be archived at the Florida Museum of Natural History.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman