|Published:||Nov 15, 2012 10:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2012 10:54 PM EST|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - People in South Fort Myers got together for a special Hurricane Sandy relief fundraiser. Cru at the Bell Tower Shops hosted a raffle and silent auction. The two sisters who organized the event are New Yorkers who now live in Fort Myers. Money raised will go to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation which assists storm victims.
"We are collecting donations of blankets, coats, cleaning, supplies, baby supplies, pet food, everybody lost everything, their houses, everything, so whatever anybody can give is greatly appreciated," Monika Sroda said.
If you didn't make it out tonight, you can still donate before Monika drives to new york on sunday. She'll even pick it up from you. You can e-mail her at Sandyreliefflorida@gmail.com.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- How hurricanes get their names