|Published:||Nov 15, 2012 11:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2012 11:22 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.-Big Brothers Big Sisters Suncoast chapter recently reopened their doors in Collier County. Thursday night, the non-profit held its first big fundraising event at Talis Park in North Naples.
The organization started matching 'bigs' and 'littles' this summer, but they are still looking for volunteers and support from the community.
"It's slow, but it's part of the process. We have to gain trust, we're dealing with children. I was a little brother growing up so I'm very invested in this program. Hopefully the economy will be better and people will see what we're doing. We're making matches everyday," said Bill Lopresti, a Big Brothers Big Sisters board member.
Thursday night's raffle offered several prices. The winner of the grand prize has a choice of trip to Tuscany, Italy or Sonoma, California.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims