|Published:||Nov 14, 2012 5:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2012 8:09 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - "My son was standing there, and was going to come after him, and I'm screaming get in the car this guy has a gun!"
A woman tells only WINK News about her terrifying encounter with an armed robber at an ATM. The man took her cash and took off, but a camera at the bank caught it all. The victim says she's just happy her family is okay.
If one picture says a thousand words, this one from surveillance video speaks volumes. "At this point im screaming get out get out somebody call 911. Of course nobody is around when you need them."
Tina Musgrove is the woman cowering by her car, her two children inside, as a masked man, brandished a gun and took her money. "I thought of 48 hours and getting shot," she admitted.
Seconds before that happened, she says, he appeared from behind a tree in the darkness and hit her with his weapon. It happened Tuesday night at a Bank of America off Palm Beach Boulevard.
"I dropped the money on the ground. The guy laid down his gun and he picked up all the 20 dollar bills," Musgrove described. The suspect took off running away from the bank. She says police told her he came to this fence, ran through a backyard, but then hopped on a bike and vanished.
"Now I'm looking at people like do you have a gun are you going to rob me?" she said.
Sergeant Brian O'Reilly with the Fort Myers Police Dep. says Tina did the right thing by screaming and running away. "Don't try to be a hero, the most you can get out of an ATM is $400 - $500. It's not worth your life," he said.
Tina also says when she got the money, the lights on the bank were not working, and it was pitch black near the trees. Fort Myers Police say if you have to get money at night, be aware of your surroundings, and take a friend if possible. They say if you don't feel safe, go to a different location.
Anyone with tips or information about this case is urged to call the Fort Myers Police Dept.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776