|Published:||Nov 14, 2012 10:10 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2012 10:10 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police are investigating after a neighbor found a 29-year-old woman and her two young daughters dead inside their home near Miami.
Miami-Dade detective Roy Rutland told The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/XEqx6h) the neighbor smelled an odor Tuesday and went inside the house to find its source. There, she found Gladys Machado in a closet. Machado's daughters, 4-year-old Daniela Padrino and 8-year-old Julia Padrino, were next to her.
Police say the woman's 6-year-old son was safe with his grandmother.
Friends and family members - including the children's father - gathered outside the home Tuesday as police continued their investigation. Neighbors told the newspaper that Machado lived with a boyfriend who had recently been released from jail.
Police have not released the manner of death. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation