|Published:||Nov 14, 2012 6:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2012 10:34 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers Floral Designs, 11480 S. Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers, is assisting the Harry Chapin Food Bank’s turkey drive with a special promotion this week.
“Bouquets for Birds” is a catchy theme for individuals who would like to have a fresh bouquet of flowers.
By taking a fresh or frozen turkey to Fort Myers Floral Designs, it will be exchanged for a free fresh bouquet of flowers. The turkeys will be donated to the Harry Chapin Food Bank for its Thanksgiving Turkey Drive.
Floral owner Greg DePasquale notes that many nonprofit agencies distribute turkeys and food to those in need at Thanksgiving and the flower shop is assisting the food bank in providing 5,000 turkeys to those agencies.
Turkeys can be dropped off between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. at Fort Myers Floral Design (located at the Beacon Manor traffic light on Cleveland Ave.). It is not necessary to make previous arrangements. For more information call 239-278-0770, visit http://www.fortmyersfloraldesigns.com, or stop by the drive-up window for fast, convenient service.
The Harry Chapin Food Bank solicits, collects and stores quality food for distribution to families in need through a network of 160 nonprofit agencies in Lee, Collier, Hendry, Charlotte and Glades counties that provide food to more than 30,000 people monthly. Over 1 million pounds of food are distributed by the Harry Chapin Food Bank monthly. For every dollar donated, about $6 in food value goes back to the community. In the past fiscal year, the Harry Chapin Food Bank distributed more than 15 million pounds of food and other grocery items valued at more than $24.9 million. This is roughly the equivalent of 12.5 million meals to people in need.
For additional information about or to contribute financially to the Harry Chapin Food Bank, contact 239-334-7007 or go to harrychapinfoodbank.org.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school