|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 11:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2012 11:46 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers police are investigating a robbery that happened at the Bank of America on Palm Beach Boulevard just before 9:30 Tuesday night.
Police say a woman was making an ATM withdrawal when a man in a camouflage mask came up to her, threatened her with a gun, and demanded her cash. It's believed the man was hiding on the side of the building.
The victim dropped the money onto the ground and fled back to her vehicle. The suspect placed his gun on the ground and picked up the scattered 20 dollar bills.
Witnesses walked toward the ATM and saw the suspect picking up the cash, at which time he grabbed his firearm off the ground and aimed it at them. The witnesses ran back to their vehicles and did not see which direction the suspect fled in.
Nearby residents told police they saw a man matchign the suspect's description riding a bicycle at a high rate of speed toward Prospect Ave. Police set up a search perimeter at Palm Beach and Adams Avenue. They used search dogs and a helicopter, but came up empty-handed.
If you have any information about this crime, call Fort Myers Police.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school