|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 10:11 AM EST|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - Investigators are trying to find out who killed a high school student whose body was found along a hiking trail in central Florida.
Winter Haven police say injuries on 18-year-old Alicia Barnett's body indicate she was killed. Her body was found Monday along the Chain of Lakes Trail.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/RV18QL ) reports the teen attended New Beginnings, which is a charter school for students who had problems in traditional schools.
No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 800-226-8477.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013