|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 10:20 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 4:59 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriffs Office continues to investigate a burglary at the Lakes Regional Library on Bass Road and Gladiolus Drive in Fort Myers.
The library was closed Tuesday while forensics teams gather evidence.
Staff tells WINK News the library's cleaning crew made the discovery around 6:30 in the morning when opening up after the holiday weekend.
"It was obvious that things had been gone through," said Marilyn Graham, with the county library system. "There were drawers open and so forth."
At first glance, it was apparent a flat-screen TV was stolen, but the sheriff's office is still surveying the full scope of the burglary.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash