|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 10:20 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 4:59 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriffs Office continues to investigate a burglary at the Lakes Regional Library on Bass Road and Gladiolus Drive in Fort Myers.
The library was closed Tuesday while forensics teams gather evidence.
Staff tells WINK News the library's cleaning crew made the discovery around 6:30 in the morning when opening up after the holiday weekend.
"It was obvious that things had been gone through," said Marilyn Graham, with the county library system. "There were drawers open and so forth."
At first glance, it was apparent a flat-screen TV was stolen, but the sheriff's office is still surveying the full scope of the burglary.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week