|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 5:40 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 5:59 PM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The mother of Florida Gov. Rick Scott has died.
The governor said that his mother died Tuesday afternoon in her hometown of Kansas City, Missouri. She was 84.
Esther Scott got introduced to Floridians as part of Scott's maverick bid in 2010 for governor.
She appeared in campaign commercials touting her son as a "good boy" at a time when Scott was under attack by his political rivals. She was also a constant on the trail and showed up at rallies and campaign events.
Gov. Scott said she had a great life and lived the American dream. He noted that she was able to travel extensively after Scott became a successful businessman.
Esther Scott became ill last month and had been confined to a hospital due to an infection.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- Nancy Graham to be sworn in as new Lee Co. Superintendent