|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 2:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 6:16 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- O'Brian Vebert Hunt, a 21-year-old from Sunrise, Florida, was taken into custody after leading a Collier County deputy on a high-speed chase that caused a crash on I-75 Tuesday afternoon.
Hunt sustained only minor injuries, as did 51-year-old Deputy Daniel Muhlhahn.
A box truck was also involved in the crash, but the driver, 43-year-old Charles Hidalgo, was unharmed.
At 1:30 p.m., Muhlhahn was traveling south on I-75, near mile marker 97, when he spotted a car that matched the description of a vehicle wanted for burglaries out of Lee County.
Muhlhahn got behind the car and tried to pull Hunt over, but he fled. A chase began, and ended with a crash around mile marker 86.
Hunt will be charged with fleeing and resisting arrest.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Zombies to unite at Bell Tower for a good cause
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court