|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 2:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 6:16 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- O'Brian Vebert Hunt, a 21-year-old from Sunrise, Florida, was taken into custody after leading a Collier County deputy on a high-speed chase that caused a crash on I-75 Tuesday afternoon.
Hunt sustained only minor injuries, as did 51-year-old Deputy Daniel Muhlhahn.
A box truck was also involved in the crash, but the driver, 43-year-old Charles Hidalgo, was unharmed.
At 1:30 p.m., Muhlhahn was traveling south on I-75, near mile marker 97, when he spotted a car that matched the description of a vehicle wanted for burglaries out of Lee County.
Muhlhahn got behind the car and tried to pull Hunt over, but he fled. A chase began, and ended with a crash around mile marker 86.
Hunt will be charged with fleeing and resisting arrest.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral