|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 2:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 6:16 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- O'Brian Vebert Hunt, a 21-year-old from Sunrise, Florida, was taken into custody after leading a Collier County deputy on a high-speed chase that caused a crash on I-75 Tuesday afternoon.
Hunt sustained only minor injuries, as did 51-year-old Deputy Daniel Muhlhahn.
A box truck was also involved in the crash, but the driver, 43-year-old Charles Hidalgo, was unharmed.
At 1:30 p.m., Muhlhahn was traveling south on I-75, near mile marker 97, when he spotted a car that matched the description of a vehicle wanted for burglaries out of Lee County.
Muhlhahn got behind the car and tried to pull Hunt over, but he fled. A chase began, and ended with a crash around mile marker 86.
Hunt will be charged with fleeing and resisting arrest.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday