|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 5:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 6:06 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Trash cans are a hot commodity in Cape Coral. Waste Pro said about 600 people are on a waiting list for trash cans. Daniel Guild is one of them.
The Wink News employee said, "You pay in your taxes and there's no helping us out...you know here are temporary garbage cans...maybe we can reimburse you for garbage cans you purchase."
Waste Pro blames the problem on supply and demand.
Spokesman Paul Flores said, "We have residents who may have taken containers from a vacant house and brought them to their homes that's why they have multiple ones. Those folks we are trying to address. We have homes in Cape Coral that have five or six containers and that's excessive for a residential house."
Flores said hundreds of trash cans have been ordered and are on the way. "Be patient until we can transition and get the delivery of our new containers."
That answer isn't good enough for Guild.
"How long can you be patient. I mean, it has been two months now."
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders