|Published:||Nov 13, 2012 5:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2012 6:06 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Trash cans are a hot commodity in Cape Coral. Waste Pro said about 600 people are on a waiting list for trash cans. Daniel Guild is one of them.
The Wink News employee said, "You pay in your taxes and there's no helping us out...you know here are temporary garbage cans...maybe we can reimburse you for garbage cans you purchase."
Waste Pro blames the problem on supply and demand.
Spokesman Paul Flores said, "We have residents who may have taken containers from a vacant house and brought them to their homes that's why they have multiple ones. Those folks we are trying to address. We have homes in Cape Coral that have five or six containers and that's excessive for a residential house."
Flores said hundreds of trash cans have been ordered and are on the way. "Be patient until we can transition and get the delivery of our new containers."
That answer isn't good enough for Guild.
"How long can you be patient. I mean, it has been two months now."
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes