|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say twin toddlers have died in a fire at their mobile home in the Tampa Bay area.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office reports that the 3-year-old children were home with their mother when the fire started Monday morning. The mother was taken to a hospital.
The victims' names were not immediately released. Authorities say the toddlers were a boy and a girl who were fraternal twins.
Neighbors say two older children who also lived in the home were at school.
One neighbor said the children's mother was trying to extinguish the flames with a garden house. Other neighbors tried to pull out the home's air conditioning unit to try to reach the children.
Fire officials say flames coming out all the windows made a rescue impossible.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776