|Published:||Nov 12, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say twin toddlers have died in a fire at their mobile home in the Tampa Bay area.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office reports that the 3-year-old children were home with their mother when the fire started Monday morning. The mother was taken to a hospital.
The victims' names were not immediately released. Authorities say the toddlers were a boy and a girl who were fraternal twins.
Neighbors say two older children who also lived in the home were at school.
One neighbor said the children's mother was trying to extinguish the flames with a garden house. Other neighbors tried to pull out the home's air conditioning unit to try to reach the children.
Fire officials say flames coming out all the windows made a rescue impossible.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend